* Information concerning affiliation/post/profile of the laureate and guests is current at the time he/she received the prize.
Award Ceremony Highlights: Honda Prize 2019
Dr. Geoffrey E. Hinton / Ms. Emma Hinton, Daughter / Mr. Hiroto Ishida, President of Honda Foundation / Mr. Kunio Nakajima, Vice President of Honda Foundation
This year’s laureate is Dr. Geoffrey E. Hinton, Professor Emeritus, the University of Toronto and Chief Scientific Advisor, Vector Institute, for his pioneering research in the field of deep learning in artificial intelligence and his contribution to practical application of the technology.
Movie of The Laureate
Congratulatory Addresses by Guests of Honor
- Mr. Tracy ReynoldsMinister (Commercial), Embassy of Canada
- Dr. Shunichi AmariProfessor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo/Honorary Science Advisor, RIKEN Center for Brain Science
- Mr. Toshiaki MikoshibaChairman and Director, Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Naonori UedaDeputy Director, RIKEN Center for Advanced Intelligence Project