|Award Ceremony Highlights
* Information concerning affiliation/post/profile of the laureate and guests is current at the time he/she received the prize.
Award Ceremony Highlights: Honda Prize 2023
Mr. Hiroto Ishida, President of Honda Foundation/ Mrs. Sagawa/ Dr. Masato Sagawa/ Dr. John J. Croat/ Dr. Kazuko Matsumoto, Vice president of Honda Foundation
This year’s laureates are Dr. Masato Sagawa (advisor to Daido Steel Co., Ltd. and the president of NDFEB Corporation) and Dr. John J. Croat (former president of John Croat Consulting, Inc.), for inventing neodymium magnet, the world's strongest permanent magnet, enabling significant IT advancements for society.
Movie of The Laureates
Commemorative Speech by the laureates
Dr. Masato Sagawa
"The Discovery of NdFeB Permanent Magnets by the Rapid Solidification Route"
Dr. John J. Croat
Congratulatory Addresses by Guests of Honor
- Mr. Tom HinesCounselor for Economic and Scientific Affairs, U.S. Embassy Tokyo
- Dr. Tetsuya ShimizuPresident and CEO, Representative Executive Director, Daido Steel Co., Ltd.
- Mr. Seiji KuraishiChairman and Director, Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Satoshi SugimotoProfessor, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University