* Information concerning affiliation/post/profile of the laureate and guests is current at the time he/she received the prize.
Award Ceremony Highlights: Honda Prize 2018
Mr. Hiroto Ishida / President of Honda Foundation, Dr. Masuoka, Mrs. Masuoka, Mr. Tsutomu Honda / Adivisor of Honda Foundation
This year’s laureate is Dr. Fujio Masuoka, Professor Emeritus, Tohoku University for his invention of the world’s first flash memory technology, enabling large capacity non-volatile semiconductor memories.
Movie of The Laureate
Congratulatory Addresses by Guests of Honor
- Dr. Yasuo NarukeRepresentative Director, President and CEO, Toshiba Memory Coporation
- Dr. Stefan LaiFormer Vice President, Intel Corporation
- Mr. Takahiro HachigoPresident and Representative Director, Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Riichiro HirotaProfessor, National Chiao Tung University